6 Essential Women's Health Tips You Need.
With Women's health and wellbeing at the top of our agenda this month we're taking a look at 6 essentials that will help you burst out of the winter and spring into the sunshine.
For many women we're often the last people we think of, at the end of a long list, but we need to remember to put our own oxygen masks on first and these tip can help.
- Stay hydrated. Aim for at least 2 litres of water every day. Have herbal teas where possible as well
- Eat the rainbow. Fill your meals with lots of colour from variety of whole plants (not fruit juices). Berries and cruciferous vegetables are very powerful in particular.
- Ensure you are eating adequate protein. Wild caught fish and organic eggs are a great source of protein, as are non GMO organic tofu and tempeh. Nuts and seeds also provide small amounts of protein as well.
- Eat your fats, do not avoid them. However, look at what fats you are eating. Avocados, coconut oil, extra virgin cold pressed olive and avocado oil, nuts and seeds, tahini are all great sources. Avoid seed oils and hydronated fats.
- Sleep. Optimise sleep, aim to be in bed as close to 10pm every night. Create a bedtime routine, no screens for at least 30 minutes prior to bedtime and dim lighting. Aiming for 7-8hrs of sleep every night and ensuring it is restorative sleep is incredibly beneficial to your work performance, mood, emotional health and general wellbeing.
- Move. Does this mean hitting the pavement running every day … no. As we age, strength exercises and anaerobic exercise are incredibly powerful for our health, and building lean muscle. Walking is also incredibly powerful as a form of movement.