Behind the scenes at Nourish
I hope you’ve been following our journey from kitchen table to shiny new kitchen on our social media channels this week. When I first started developing a few recipes for my own family I never imagined that I’d end up running a business based on those very recipes. It’s been a steep learning curve but I’ve loved every second, from meeting other small food business owners, what a wonderful supportive community of people, to getting the opportunity to design my own packaging just the way I’d always envisaged it. There are definitely ups and downs to owning your own business but as the whole family, my daughter and my husband are involved too, it really does feel like something that we all do together.
I’ve always wanted to be able to lift the curtain on other businesses and take a look at what makes them tick and so here’s some things you might not know about Nourish – grow, cook, enjoy………
Ten things about Nourish
1. I’m a fully qualified, registered nurse
2. We’re based in the beautiful Surrey Hills, near Reigate
3. All the Nourish products are made by hand, from mixing to shaping, a truly handmade product
4. We use only organic and fairly traded ingredients
5. We’ve got a stupendous team with lots of amazing skills, a nutritionist, a food scientist, a rugby coach, they’re a talented bunch!
6. Our gorgeous prints on our pouches were designed in house and you won’t see them anywhere else
7. We dehydrate our macaroons in some pretty funky dehydrators, it gets a bit warm in the summer!
8. We’re just about to move from a very tiny kitchen into a purpose built unit where we can spread out, pics coming soon.
9. We’re all super keen gardeners, me especially. My lovely husband has made me some super beds out of pallets, which I’ll photograph and share over the next few weeks
10. We’ve coined the phrase #macaroonmoment, we want you to take 5 minutes out of your day to rest, recuperate and relax, it’s so important for good mental health to take a break from time to time